Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Preface

I took it upon myself this semester to take a hunk of critical studies courses out of the way. This decision came out of my frustration in needing to balance my right and left brains, finding my attention span confused, and my critique voice buried under the burdens of everything I do not know about art history or art at all.
I am now using this blog as a way of looking into the past, since these Art history classes are going to shove these images and opinions down our throats. I thought i should personally look at and record the images of the past that interest me and analyze for my own personal work what I find interesting, what I do not, what I would like to incorporate into my own work, and what I find goes against my grain for one reason or another.
Let it be understood I am doing this as a kind of personal journal exploration to record my transitions in taste and possibly my shift from being completely unbrainy to somewhat of an academic in the areas that I am required to study on the sidelines of my big deal, art education. I do in no way consider myself an art critic, and that is actually what motivates me to use my unjaded eye into gathering my own opinions, and at the end of the day get more of a connection into the past of art
If I'm going to buy the books and read what everyone else has to say, I might as well blog my own opinions in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment